Richard Weurding was born on 2 December 1961 in Voorburg (Zuid-Holland). From 1980-1985 he studied Dutch Law at the University of Leiden. As of 1 March 2006, Richard Weurding is managing director of the Dutch Association of Insurers.
In 1987 he joined the Dutch Association of Insurers. As a policy officer, he has been involved in employment conditions policy in the sector, legal expenses insurance, fraud prevention and non-life insurance in a broad sense.
In the period 1993-1997 he was executive secretary and was closely involved in various renewal projects within the organization. He was also secretary of the board of the Dutch Association of Insurers. Since 1997, Richard Weurding has held management positions in the Non-Life Insurance sector and the General Policy sector. He has been a member of the board since May 2000.
- since 2002 Member advisory council NIBUD
- since 2006 Member steering committee 'Wijzer in Geldzaken'
- since 2006 Member of the General Board of VNO-NCW
- since 2016 Member of the Executive Board of VNO-NCW
- since 2006 Member of the Social and Economic Council
- since 2006 Member Executive Committee Insurance Europe
- since 2007 Member of the Advisory Board of the Dutch Association of Labour Experts (NVvA)
- since 2008 Member of the Board of stichting Assurantiebeurs
- since 2011 Member of the Foundation for Sustainable (Micro)Pensions in Developing Countries
- since 2011 Member of the National Platform for Crime Control
- from 2011 Member board Stichting Goede Doelen Noordhollandsche 1816
(a.o. projects KNRM, Carré, KNGF, Talentboek, Artis)
- From 2015 Member (from October 2016 chairman) Board Stichting Vereniging Vrienden Spoorwegmuseum
- From 2017 Member program Advisory Board SWOV