We are happy to work with your organization on current data issues!
- Do you work with data and can cooperation with the Dutch Association of Insurers perhaps provide even better information?
- Do you have a data issue and are insurers or knowledge about damage and risks an important source?
- Are you an insurer and do you want to benchmark data or do you walk around with a data issue?
- Does your organization have data that can be of value to the insurance industry?
- Do you need a broad dataset for training AI models?
The Data Analytics Centre (DAC) of the Dutch Association of Insurers employs experienced data analysts with broad knowledge about the sector, research methods, analysis techniques and dashboarding. We conduct research for insurers and other stakeholders.
Data analytics - types of research
- Insurers share figures on their insurance policies and claims filed with the Covenant. The DAC makes reports and analyses of this. This allows insurers to improve their business operations. Some studies are public, others are available to insurers who have participated in specific statistics. These detailed reports about your own organisation can be found on CVSnet.
- Among other things, the DAC conducts research that helps insurers or the association make policy choices. Think of customer or consumer research, such as research into the clarity of information, opinions on topics or on risks and claims.
- We also develop data use cases and carry out innovative data projects .
Interested in collaboration
We are constantly interested in collaborations with other companies, insurers and other organizations. We are increasingly combining our wealth of data from and about insurance with other data sources. In this way we create new insights on socially relevant themes. These contribute to (preventive) solutions in the field of, for example, personal injury, mobility, climate, absenteeism and fraud. Our starting point is that the insurance sector should benefit from the research.
Are you curious about the possibilities or do you just want to talk to hear more about what we do, please contact Data & Services Manager Miranda Graftdijk.
Data Sharing Coalition
Since 2019, the Association has been part of the Data Sharing Coalition, an initiative of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy (EZK). It is an important first step for concrete agreements that make it easier for these parties to share data between different sectors.
Data Competence Centre
How do we achieve a strong joint data position of the sector? In 2017, the Association and the foundations Centraal Informatie Systeem (CIS), Efficient Processes Non-life Insurers (EPS), Stichting SIVI ( SIVI ) and Processen Verbaal (PV) signed a cooperation agreement to this end. In a temporary programme under the name Data Competence Centre (DCC), knowledge and experience has since been gained in small and large (joint) data projects.
We only work on non-competitive issues, creating added value for the entire insurance sector or specific parts of it.
Big data & privacy
Do you want to know what the policy of the Association is in the field of data and personal data? Among other things, we use an ethical framework, which will be binding on our members from 2021. Read more about this in the policy file Big data & privacy.